Home > Staff
Kristian Moltke Martiny
- Department of Media, Cognition and Communication
Center for Subjectivity Research, Njalsgade 140-142, 2300 Copenhagen S, Room 25.5.17
2300 København S
Phone (Secretariat): +45 35 32 81 00
Primary fields of research
Phenomenology and Philosophy of Mind, Embodied Cognitive Science, Cognitive Neuroscience
Fields of interest
Collaborative Philosophy: how philosophy is (can be) relevant for, and contribute to, other academic disciplines and non-academic areas.
Collaborative and Interdisciplinary Research: what are the possibilities for collaborative research, what role can philosophy play in collaboration and how can we contribute to the development of collaboration and interdisciplinary research?
- Questioning the use of phenomenological interviews (2nd person method) to understand exceptional cases of embodiment.
- Questioning neurological and computational models for explaining 'motor control' by focus on Cerebral Palsy as a case study.
- Studying the role of bodily self-consciousness in social understanding by looking at people with Cerebral Palsy that suffer from motor impairment and an impaired sense of agency.
- Applying research from Phenomenology and Embodied Cognitive Science to the development of rehabilitation strategies and technologies for brain damage, primarily Cerebral Palsy.